Resources to help:
COVID -19 (or Coronavirus) has quickly gained a reputation of being scary and particularly dangerous. We have seen evidence that it may survive on some surfaces for as long as two weeks. Unlike the flu, which shows symptoms quickly, this coronavirus can take up to two weeks before exhibiting symptoms in an infected person, thus increasing the unknowing spread of the disease. For these reasons, it is critical that all surfaces in occupied environments be cleaned and disinfected regularly to mitigate the potential spread of the virus.
Remediation of the SARS-Cov-2 virus responsible for the COVID-19 outbreak consists of cleaning and disinfecting surfaces in areas suspected to contain the virus.
3-STEP REMEDIATION PROCESS
Envirotest personnel follow an established three-step protocol for cleaning and disinfecting occupied areas consisting of:
- Physical removal of visible accumulations of dirt, dust, debris and residues on all surfaces;
- Disinfection of surfaces in the work area using EPA-approved disinfectant solutions;
- Spray fogging or misting of the work area using EPA-approved disinfectants for this application.
A final quality assurance inspection is conducted after the cleaning and disinfecting process is completed. This consists of a visual inspection to ensure that no visible dirt, dust, debris or residue remains, followed by recommended, but optional, Mycometer™ fungi testing to verify the effectiveness of surface cleaning.
Envirotest has been in the business of identifying and managing hazardous materials for more than 30 years. Our experts adhere to all OSHA, EPA, Texas Department of State Health Services, and all other Federal, State and local regulations applicable to the specific project. We strictly follow the most current procedures when it comes to virus cleanup and disinfection. We continually consult the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the EPA for up-to-date solutions and modifications in products and/or procedures.
Envirotest specializes in commercial buildings of any size, including hospitals and schools, multi-family residential complexes, and industrial facilities.
- We use CDC-approved commercial grade cleaning agents that are EPA-registered industrial-strength disinfectants with a broad spectrum kill claim.
- All potentially infected materials are cleaned and disinfected, and all materials used are properly disposed of as biohazardous waste.
- Envirotest personnel utilize all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times throughout the cleaning and disinfecting process.
- We adhere to a stringent coronavirus decontamination and disinfection process for our personnel and waste materials exiting all work areas.
- All activities are photo-documented and recorded in detailed daily work logs containing the following information:
- Areas that were cleaned
- Identification of personnel and proper PPE
- Description of cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Verification of approved disinfectants and proper dilution rates
- Verification of required dwell times
- Description of final quality assurance inspection (including MycometerTM test results, if conducted)
Your safety is our priority
When selecting a company to provide Coronavirus disinfection or project oversight services, it is important to select a company, like Envirotest, that is OSHA compliant and follows all CDC guidance regarding Coronavirus. We are diligent and thorough because we understand that the health and safety of you, your family, and your employees is on the line.
For more information on our Coronavirus cleaning and project oversight services, please email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 1-800-460-1736.
Though Envirotest, LLC follows protocol promulgated by the Center for Disease Control & Prevention, no established testing protocol currently exists to ensure total elimination of the SARS-Cov-2 virus. Our cleaning protocol reduces the potential for the virus to spread, but it does not guarantee the total eradication of any virus on the cleaned surfaces.