Our industrial services are focused on Industrial Hygiene. We do not have the largest team in the country, but we believe we have the best. Our Certified Industrial Hygienist and our IH technicians are some of the best trained a thorough in the business. With the ever-changing regulations and guidelines, Envirotest is focused on helping our clients ensure they are looking out for their employees, the public and the environment. We want to help eliminate exposures to chemicals, noise, vapors, hazardous materials, and biological contaminants simply because they can result in serious health problems.
Some of our industrial hygiene monitoring capabilities are;
- Noise Surveys/ Hearing Conservation
- Dust / Particulates
- Welding Fumes
American Industrial Hygiene Association
OSHAs Silica Standards
OSHA Information Booklet on Industrial Hygiene
Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP)
Envirotest has the experience and resources necessary to ensure your journey to obtain/update/assess your VPP Merit / Star Status is quick, efficient and successful Our experts can navigate the requirements for corporate VPP requirements for large corporations and Federal Agencies or the individual site specific VPPs for refineries, plants and other sites.
- Conduct a gap analysis of your current safety management system against VPP requirements.
- Help you establish your VPP Steering Committee. This includes training members in their roles and responsibilities and facilitating committee meetings.
- Assist in launching an awareness campaign, broadcasting VPP benefits to generate buy-in, support and involvement.
- Work with leadership to develop your VPP Implementation Plan and monitor its execution.
- Facilitate the development and submittal of your VPP application.
See our Industrial Hygiene page for more info, or For questions regarding OHSAs VPP requirements or guidelines, give us a call at +1(800) 460-1736
OSHAs VPP site
Asbestos & Lead Sampling, Monitoring and Abatement
Envirotest asbestos and lead certified and licensed professionals have considerable expertise in managing and performing inspections and sampling related to asbestos-containing materials (ACM) and lead-based paint (LBP) at sites ranging full units in refineries and plants to from small standalone buildings to facilities with multiple locations.
Our asbestos experts are accredited building inspectors and management planners under the EPA Asbestos Hazardous Emergency Response Act (AHERA) and are state licensed. To ensure the quality of our survey work and reports, we also have a time-proven quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) program where work plans and deliverables are reviewed by a senior professional prior to submittal.
Above Ground Storage Tank Gap Seal Inspections
Did you know?
- Each year about 14,000 oil spills are reported, according to the EPA website.
- It is estimated that there are 618,000 facilities that are regulated under EPA SPCC in the United States.
- There are more regulated aboveground storage tanks than underground storage tanks in the United States.
- Tanks under 300,000 gallons represent 90% of the actual tank units in operation.
- STI estimates that as many as 4 million shop-fabricated oil storage tanks have been produced since the mid-1960s. It is difficult to assess how many of these tanks are still in use today, but anecdotal evidence suggests that tanks are often used for 40 years or more.
Above ground storage tank (AST) inspections must adhere to the American Petroleum Institute (API) standard 653. These standards provide guidelines to inspect and repair above ground storage tanks use in the chemical and petroleum Industry.
Envirotest has the experience and the manpower to assist with your inspections. Give us a call today and let us tell you how we can help.
American Petroleum Institute Standard 653 (PDF)
Steel Tank Institute/Steel Plate Fabricators Association (STI/SPFA)